"Hindsight is always twenty-twenty. " Billy Wilder
"Hindsight is an exact science. " Guy Bellamy

06 March 2010

The Louvre


My trusted travel companion suggested one day that instead of queuing up with all the tourists, paying exorbitant entry fees at the endless museums and galleries, we instead queue up with all the tourists at the endless shops along the Champs Elysee. And it is free entry! Don’t be sucked in folks – the exit fees can make a grown man faint! The little ensemble in the picture above was presented to us as a steal at ONLY about $4000. I escaped with my happy snap, shirt still on my back and credit card intact.

Drawing on black paper with conte crayons was another new fascinating experience. I found the mixing together of colours, building up layers, creating highlights and shadows extremely challenging, difficult, yet pleasing. However, with guidance and (interactive) help from a friend – the image of the skull took on a satisfying (satisfied) look.

Standing back and looking at the finished picture instantly brought back memories of Paris shoe-shops. Here was my answer to Prada, Manolo Blahnik and Jimmy Choo - eat your hearts out guys, I am going into the shoe design business next!

No comments:

Post a Comment