"Hindsight is always twenty-twenty. " Billy Wilder
"Hindsight is an exact science. " Guy Bellamy

30 January 2012

Henri Cartier-Bresson

Image © PeteM2020

As I came across these trees on a bitterly cold morning in Paris, my mind instantly went back to some memorable images by celebrated French photographer Henri Cartier-Bresson (1908 -2004). Although he was an avid fan of his 35mm Leica, some of his landscape photography was done with a 4x5 large format camera – I composed and cropped my image to reflect that format.


I also took a photograph of this scene without the person in the background - it’s a different picture all together. Not at all pleasing - funny how such a small detail can make such a huge difference. (Click on the image for a larger version)

No comments:

Post a Comment